Date of Validity
- Design software solutions by studying information needs; systems flow, data usage, and work processes while adhering to the software development lifecycle
- Design, develop, modify and maintain new or existing health information systems (OpenMRS, DHIS2, fingerprinting technologies, etc.).
- Support the development of an interoperability framework between DHIS2 and UgandaEMR to support automated synching of records to a central DHIS2.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation
- Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Analyse and develop automated reports based on the data in any of METS supported database systems
- Facilitate staff development (through training, mentoring and coaching) of district and program personnel in database management, data management and report generation and dissemination to enhance data use for decision making.
- Support the rollout of national DHIS2 and electronic systems through training, mentorship and coaching of Implementing Partner and district staff.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience as a software developer or engineer; with demonstrable success in developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and development tasks. Advance experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with either PostgreSQL or MySQL is required and any of the following highly desirable; Oracle, MS SQL Server, H2 SQL) . Working experience using most of the following: Spring, Hibernate, JQuery, Subversion, Liquibase, Git, Restful web services, Agile methodology, Maven, Jasper server, android SDK. And knowledge and skill with popular open source programming languages.
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their applications with current CV and academic papers, stating two referees and their contacts.
The application should be addressed to the Principal Investigator; Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support Program, not later than Thursday 18th April 2019, 5.00 pm, Ugandan time.
Submit a hard copy of the application at the Reception desk, METS Offices, Plot 20A Kawalya Kaggwa Close Kololo. Ensure that you register after submitting the application.
NB: Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted for the interview