Date of Validity
The Makerere University School of Public Health Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (MakSPH-METS) Program is a five-year (2020-2025) CDC-funded Cooperative Agreement. The MakSPH-METS program emerged out of the growing recognition of the importance of evidence-based decision making for an AIDS Free Generation in Uganda. The overall purpose of the Program is to establish coordinated and effective national and district systems for the management of strategic information for a robust HIV response. We seek to recruit a dynamic, competent and experienced candidate to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
Reports to : Manager Finance and Administration
The Systems Administrator shall ensure that the IT systems and networks of METS are up and running and make recommendations to management on best IT equipment, support the procurement process of the IT hardware and software. Perform installation, updates, upgrade of software on METS staffs’ computers, and manage an IT inventory of the program. The Systems Administrator shall work closely with the project team and provide technical support as necessary to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all METS staff to ensure provision of a responsive, high quality ICT support service delivery.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to completion and/or escalate to relevant staff as required.
- Maintenance and ensuring a functional website for METS.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring that the integrity of the METS network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Provide technical assistance to program teams and undertake technical team roles when required.
- Support and guide the procurement of IT hardware, software, and related services and maintain a consistent IT inventories for the program.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Assist with ongoing development of related departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around organizational change management.
- Undertake such other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline; Professional certification (e.g. Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a busy IT environment.
i) Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit the following application documents
and a motivation letter clearly highlighting the position being applied for and address this to;
Makerere University School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072,
ii) Application Documents
a) Motivational Letter
b) Resume with contacts of 3 professional referees c) Copies of all relevant academic documents
iii) Soft copies of the applications should be submitted as one PDF file to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on October 15th, 2021. Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject head of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MakSPH-METS is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.