Date of Validity
The Makerere University School of Public Health Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support (MakSPH-METS) Program is a five-year (2020-2025) CDC-funded Cooperative Agreement. The MakSPH-METS program emerged out of the growing recognition of the importance of evidence-based decision making for an AIDS Free Generation in Uganda. The overall purpose of the Program is to establish coordinated and effective national and district systems for the management of strategic information for a robust HIV response. We seek to recruit a dynamic, competent and experienced candidate to fill the following position:
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Reports to : Director
The Human Resource Officer shall provide timely, accurate advice, information and support to METS management and staff on a range of Human Resources (HR) management related policies, procedures, systems and issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the administration of the recruitment and selection processes, working in conjunction with the Manager Finance and Administration to assist in all facets of the recruitment and selection process.
- Plan and implement the administration and maintenance of the performance review process.
- Develop the annual staff budget and implement the approved budget in line with HR policy and METS strategic plan.
- Create, maintain, and update a staff record filing system in line with the Information Management System and Human Resource policies
- Coordinate training of staff in line with METS staff development policy.
- Coordinate job analysis and evaluation findings and recommend changes in line with the work procedures, methods and systems in accordance with the HR policies
- Initiate staff discipline and grievance handling mechanisms and procedures in line with the Makerere University HR Manual and the Employment Act.
- Undertake such other tasks within the scope of the role as directed by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (HR Option) from a recognized institution.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Membership with HR professional body is an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive relevant work experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable knowledge of labour laws and human resource practices.
i) Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit the following application documents
and a motivation letter clearly highlighting the position being applied for and address this to;
Makerere University School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Makerere University, P.O. Box 7072,
ii) Application Documents
a) Motivational Letter
b) Resume with contacts of 3 professional referees c) Copies of all relevant academic documents
iii) Soft copies of the applications should be submitted as one PDF file to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on October 15th, 2021. Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject head of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.