Date of Validity
Makerere University College of Health Sciences, School of Public Health (MakSPH) received funding from USAID through University of California San Diego (UCSD) for 5 years to support an international network to promote and sustain improved health and agency in low- and middle-income countries: (Agency for All Project). The project is seeking applications for the recruitment of an Administrative Assistant.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (1)
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Engagement: Full time
Duration: 1 Year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
Duty Station: Kampala
Main role and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administration of the project activities and facilitating the efficient operation of the project by performing the following clerical and administrative tasks.
Key specific responsibilities
- Planning and coordination of project meetings including preparing agendas and meeting minutes thereof.
- Coordinating and scheduling travel, meetings and appointments for project staff.
- Tracking the project budget including initiating requisitions and working with the finance team
to ensure proper accountability of advanced funds
- Keeping proper records of all information related to the project.
- Ensuring that all project logistics (materials supplies and equipment) are available at the right time
and in the right quantities. Maintaining office supplies and coordinating maintenance of office equipment.
- Responding to and resolving administrative inquiries and questions.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Team Lead.
Qualifications and desirable Qualities
Suitable applicants must possess a relevant first degree in Business Administration or related disciplines, with at least one year of working experience. He/she should have knowledge and skills in project administration, and Microsoft Office. Experience with managing USAID grants is an added advantage.
Terms of service: The appointment is for a period of one (1) year.
Submission of applications
All candidates must submit a copy of their curriculum vitae along with an application letter (addressed to the Dean School of Public Health) and official copies of educational transcripts/certificates to the following link to email@example.com with the Subject line “Application for the position of Administrative Assistant,” not later than 19th August 2022. Please provide a reliable 24-hour phone contact. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.