Date of Validity
Makerere University School of Public Health received supplemental funding through a non-competitive grant from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support the Ministry of Health public health emergency response to COVID-19 with the aim of limiting the human-to-human transmission and minimize the impact of COVID-19 in Uganda. The project will achieve this by building capacities and reinforcing Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) practices and implementing quality improvement activities in IPC nationally.
The MakSPH project team is looking for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Infection Prevention and Control Project Officer. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and innovative team player. The candidate will have the responsibility of participating in organizing, implementing project activities and will report to the Project Coordinator.
- Support the project coordinator in the mapping of ongoing IPC training and quality improvement for IPC in the country
- Participate in the preparation and finalization of all project progress reports
- Ensure timely scheduling of ECHO zoom sessions
- Provide administrative and technical support during ECHO sessions
- Support regional and district ECHO hubs and spokes to ensure smooth running during ECHO zoom sessions
- Keep an inventory of all project equipment
- Support the M& E functions
- Perform any other administrative duties that may be assigned from time to time
Required Academic Qualifications: The successful applicant should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Health Sciences, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology or any other health-related disciplines. Possession of a Master’s degree in the above field will be an added advantage.
Essential Requirements: At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in public health practice including human health, environmental health, veterinary health etc. Experience in Infection Prevention and Control or capacity building in general will be an added advantage. Good oral and written communication skills. Strong IT skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should write a cover letter expressing their interest in the position, attach their CV and send as one PDF to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 9 December 2022. Please quote “IPC Project Officer” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.