Date of Validity
The Women Rise COVID-19 Slum Study- Job Advert
The Women Rise COVID-19 slum study is a two-year IDRC funded project, implemented by a consortium of four local and global partners led by Makerere University. Makerere University, School of Public Health (MakSPH), is planning a formative study to assess the impact of COVID-19 on employment, economic status, and HIV risk and vulnerability, among women living in urban informal settlements in Kampala, and Mbale cities in Uganda.
The study team, therefore, seeks to recruit responsible, qualified, and competent individuals who can work with minimum supervision to join its team as Field supervisors to support data collection for a period of 2 months.
Field supervisor – 2 Positions
Reporting to: Field coordinator
Period: Short-term contract (Feb-March 2023)
Summary of responsibilities
• Participate in training of research assistants and pre-testing of the study tools.
• Coordinate all steps in data collection and management.
• Verify raw data sent from the field.
• Provide daily updates on field work including interviews completed and any other important information on field data collection.
• Compile and submit regular reports summarizing progress in data collection and insights from the field.
• Generate and communicate data queries to field teams for resolution.
• Participate in data validation and other quality assurance processes to ensure quality of the data collected.
• Resolve all data related issues raised with the datasets.
• Ensure safety of all data/information handed over to them.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the study core team members.
Minimum qualifications and experience
Master’s degree in Public Health, or any other related discipline
• Possession of a Certificate in Good Clinical Practices or human subject’s protection is a MUST.
• Proficiency in English (both spoken and written) and at least one of the local languages spoken in the study areas (Kampala and Mbale).
• Prior experience of overseeing primary data collection at community level.
• Prior experience of collecting either quantitative or and qualitative data.
• Must have experience in electronic data management, able to manage data from various sources and conduct preliminary data analysis.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to follow study specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and observe deadlines.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Field Coordinator and the study core team members.
How to Apply
Interested persons should fill out the application form located at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Dk3uYQdz61O6uGJbWKgbV3nAvJv7sF_JSUHJRn… submit all required documents
• Deadline for receipt of application is January 20, 2023
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted