Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) with support from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation established the Digital Health Payment Initiative and Research in Africa DHPI-R) project whose goal is to identify how, and under what circumstances digital worker payments can support effective campaign delivery in sub-Saharan Africa.
DHPI-R sub granted Afrislum Uganda and the Centre de Recherche en Reproduction Humaine et en Démographie (CERRHUD), Benin and are conducting a research study “Exploring implementation experiences to adapt Digital payments to Community Health Worker: A case study of Benin and Uganda”. The purpose of this study is to get information about digital payments so as to formulate a practical way of establishing as the main way of paying frontline workers in Uganda. Findings from this study will inform the design of a prototype system for effective, gender-sensitive, and sustainable digital payment systems for Community Health Workers in resource-constrained settings such as Benin and Uganda.
This study will use Qualitative methodology and will be conducted among community health worker, payers of Community Health Workers, manager of a programs paying Community Health Workers, supervisors of programs that use Community Health Workers to do community work and digital service provider. We therefore seek to recruit a team of Research Assistants with experience in conducting Quantitative research to conduct the data collection activities in Uganda.
Job title: Research Assistants
Report to the Principal Investigator
• Perform field data collection and management activities, administer informed consent, conduct and complete interviews in accordance with the study protocol
• Answer questions that the respondents may ask before or during the course of data collection
• Collect data and participate in data management processes including validation to ensure quality data collection
• Conduct Key informant interview and in-depth for the study.
• Transcribe qualitative research interviews and participate in qualitative data analysis, where applicable
• Provide the Team Leader with daily updates including interviews completed, and any other important information about assigned participants
• Any other duties assigned by the data collection team leaders or the Principal Investigator
Knowledge, skills and competences
• Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Statistics, Public Health, or any other related discipline
• Proficiency in both spoken and written English and either Luganda or Runyankore.
• Prior experience in conducting face to face interviews
• Prior experience in collecting qualitative data collection methods
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to follow study specific procedures and guidelines reliably.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, under stringent deadlines
• Possession of a Certificate in Good Cconduct OR a letter of recommendation from one reference
Period of contract: Short term (not more than one month).
How to apply: Interested persons should send their updated 2 pager CVs stating two referees and their contacts to at email@example.com not later than Thursday 15th June 2023, 5.00 pm. Please indicate the study name DHP and your name in the subject part of your email. Cover letter, CV and all other attachments in one pdf Document.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.