Date of Validity
·Support the M&E teams to build capacity and utilization of key Information Systems including HIBRID, DATIM and the National DHIS2 and other USG data management systems
·Utilize appropriate data management systems to monitor indicators for HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care activities and update staff and stakeholders on the same.
·Analyze programmatic data entered by implementing partners into national and PEPFAR’s data management systems and provide ongoing feedback and technical support
·Provide assistance to the IPs and district staff in understanding and interpreting indicators, targets and results.
- Respond to requests from CDC Strategic Information and program teams, Implementing Partners and national stakeholders for information and technical assistance on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
- Laise with the Systems Developers (Programmers) to support the development, modification, testing and operationalization of new and existing database systems including but not limited to DHIS2, HIBRID, UgandaEMR and various dashboards etc at METS, national, district, health facility, and IP levels.
- Analyse and develop automated reports based on the data in any of METS supported database systems
- Facilitate IP and district staff development (through training, mentoring and coaching) in database management, data management and report generation and dissemination to enhance data use for decision making.
- Actively participate in health information systems related support requirements during the lifetime of the program
- Participate in data quality assessment activities.
Education: Masters Degree or Post Graduate qualification in any of the following fields: Public health, Computer Science, Information Technology, Health Systems management, Informatics, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in managing health information systems, data management for an M&E agency and experience working in PEPFAR supported programs.
How to apply: Interested persons should send their applications with current CV and academic papers, stating two referees and their contacts.
The application should be addressed to the Principal Investigator; Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Support Program, not later than Thursday 18th April 2019, 5.00 pm, Ugandan time.
Submit a hard copy of the application at the Reception desk, METS Offices, Plot 20A Kawalya Kaggwa Close Kololo. Ensure that you register after submitting the application.
NB: Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted for the interview