Date of Validity
Makerere University School of Public Health is a partner in a consortium of Institutions/Organisations that is implementing a 5-year program entitled Reducing High Fertility Rates and Improving Sexual Reproductive Health Outcomes in Uganda (RISE). The consortium, which is led by Mariestopes International as the Prime Grant holder, is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) of United Kingdom. As part of its monitoring and evaluation role in the consortium, Makerere University School of Public Health is conducting a midline evaluation in the program regions of Central 1, Central 2, East Central, Eastern, Karamoja, West Nile, and Western. We are therefore seeking suitable persons to fill the positions of Research assistants, Supervisors, IT manager and Data manager for a period not more than one month.
Job Title: IT and data manager (1 position)
- Develop ODK forms for the study
- Provide ODK training to the research assistants
- Provide ODK support and troubleshooting to teams
- Configure and setup tablets for fieldwork
- Regularly download data from the server
- Provide ODK and technical support to teams while in the field
- Provide Data Management Support to the Project
- Regularly run consistency checks on the data and flag errors
- Provide progress reports and completion rates to the study teams
- Provide support supervision
- Write Do-files to recode, label, and encode the datasets
- Maintain a clean and up-to-date dataset
- Provide a final cleaned dataset for analysis
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or a related field.
- Should have experience managing large datasets
- Demonstrated ability to program and use electronic data collection apps like ODK
- Demonstrated ability to use data analysis software like STATA
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work beyond official working hours
- Having been an IT specialist for the baseline evaluation of the program is an added advantage
Interested persons should submit their application to the link below indicating what they have in regard to minimum qualifications/requirements, and proficiency in any of the local languages prevalent in the study area. These are Ateso, Ngakarimojong, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Runyankole-Rukiga, Runyoro-Rutoro, Lugisu, and Lusoga. In addition, they should attach, official copies of academic transcripts/certificates and updated curriculum vitae stating at least two referees.
Please provide reliable 24-hour phone contact and WhatsApp line if different. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Interested applicants should submit their applications via the links below not later than 5 pm Wednesday 17th February 2021, Ugandan time
Apply through this link:
IT and Data manager:
Terms and conditions: Only shortlisted people will be called for interviews.