The Impact Evaluation for Evidence Based Decisions (IEED) at Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH), is cordially inviting suitable candidates for a certificate course in Applied Impact Evaluation (AIE).
The course is designed for professionals interested in learning modern Impact Evaluation (IE) techniques and improving their capacity to apply these skills in the field through theories and practices of IE and use of qualitative and quantitative methods that strengthen the interpretation of evaluation findings among others.
This course is intended to strengthen/build capacity for professionals to design and implement IE studies as well as evaluate the impact of programs.
1) Understand the rational, design and analysis of IE. 2) Appraise the strength of causal attribution in evaluation of complex evaluations. 3) Provide hands on sessions for the application of the design, implementation and interpretation of IE studies.
1) Introduction to impact evaluation.
2) Design, analysis and interpretation of IE (including Qualitative methods, Experimental, Quasi experiment).
3) Economic evaluations for impact evaluation studies.
Who should Apply
Researchers, graduate students, programme/policy implementers, project personnel/ project managers.
- AIE is a hybrid course with both Online and physical classes. Virtual classes will take place on zoom.
- Participants will undertake practical sessions using STATA.
- Face to face classes will take place at Makerere University, School of Public Health, Seminar Room.
How to apply
Completed application forms together with your CV, photocopies of your academic transcripts and certificates should be received by Friday, January 13 2023 at 1700 EAT (1400 GMT). Send the application by email or hand deliver it directly to: Ms. Gladys Khamili, Makerere University School of Public Health, Mulago Hospital Complex, Kampala Room 218, second floor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +256785932148/+256706960075. Label the subject line of the email (or envelope) with IEED short course-AIE.
Application Deadline: Friday 13th January 2023
Course to be offered between 20th February- 17th March 2023 Four weeks (Monday - Friday) with evening sessions, 1600-1800 EAT (1300-1500 GMT)
NATIONALS | UGX 700,000
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS | USD 300
This will contribute to training materials, Facilitation fees, and Zoom fees for the whole course. Certificates will be awarded upon completion of the short course.
Beneficiary customer: MUSPH RESEARCH ACCOUNT
Beneficiary Customer Account Number: 9030008175062
Name of local Bank: Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Address: P.O BOX 7131 Kampala
Swift Code: SBICUGKX
Account Title: MUSPH Research Account
Account Number: 9030005611449
Account Bank: Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Bank Branch: Corporate Branch
Swift Code: SBICUGKX
For further Details, contact
Dr. Ronald Mulebeke, MakSPH
+256785613467 / +256705611203
Ms. Mary Kaakyo,
+256785932148 / +256706960075