The Master of Public Health (MPH) program was started in 1994 with only five officers and has since seen over 300 officers graduate. In March 2017, the Alumni of the program started an association called Makerere University Master of Public Health Alumni Association (MUMPHAA) with so far 69 members.
The MUMPHAA has the following objectives;
- To promote unity in diversity amongst the people who train and graduate in Master of Public Health (MPH) of Makerere University.
- To provide a forum through which alumni of Master of Public Health of Makerere University may support and advance the pursuit of academic excellence at Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH).
- To initiate, develop and maintain programs and activities that economically empower the alumni of Master of Public Health of Makerere University.
- To initiate, promote and instill the culture of saving and investment among the alumni.
- To avail platform for learning, innovation and acquisition of new skills and in the public health practice.
- To foster, encourage and promote close relations between MakSPH and among MPH alumni as well as partner institutions.
- To support activities, initiatives and programs aimed at promoting public health education and practice in Uganda and the world over.
- To support and lobby for infrastructure development and social services such as electricity, roads, water, markets among others.
- To acquire by purchase lease exchange, hire or otherwise lands and properties of any tenure or any interests in Uganda or elsewhere in any other part of the world
- To carry on any business beneficial in the Association as agreed upon by the members of the association.
- Dr. Nelson Musoba, Chairperson
- Dr. Elizabeth Ekirapa, Vice Chairperson
- Ms. Leocadia Kwagonza Warren, Treasurer
- Rebecca Racheal Apolot, Publicity Secretary
- Mr. Ignatius Wadunde: Deputy Secretary