Partnership to enhance technical support for analytical capacity and data use for HIV, TB and Malaria (Southern and Eastern Africa)
Meeting Dates: December 11-13, 2023
Venue: Rainbow Towers Hotel & Conference Centre, 1 Pennefather Avenue, Harare, Zimbabwe
Theme: To consolidate cross-country peer learning
Registration for In-person & Virtual attendance | Open | Deadline for registration is November 30th 2023
Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) in partnership with 12 universities (University of Nairobi, Muhimbili University, Agostinho Neto University, University of Eswatini, National University of Lesotho, Eduardo Mondlane University, University of Antananarivo, Kinshasa School of Public Health, University of Malawi, University of Zambia, University of Zimbabwe) and Ministries of Health in Eastern and Southern Africa, provides technical support for analytical capacity and data use in Tuberculosis, HIV and Malaria. The implementation approach of the Partnership to Enhance Technical Support for Analytical Capacity and Data Use in Eastern & Southern Africa (PERSuADE) is to work with a local university within each country that leads in-country support to the Ministry of Health (MoH) in enhancing analytical capacity and data use of routinely collected data.
The partnership is supported by the Monitoring, Evaluation and Country Analysis (MECA) team of the Programmatic Monitoring Department at the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM).
Building on the work done and lessons learned from PERSuADE I, the partnership work of PERSuADE II started with a design phase (situation analysis) that ended in December 2021 and was followed by the implementation phase, which commenced in March 2022. As we are currently concluding PERSuADE II, we would like this year’s Regional Partners meeting to take stock of progress, discuss lessons learnt, and country innovations emerging from the network. Looking ahead, we would also like to deliberate on options for sustaining the gains of PERSuADE II beyond 2023.
The PERSUADE II meeting is sponsored by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria.
1. To confirm national and subnational implementation outcomes of PERSuADE and translation of lessons learnt
2. To share country innovations on how to embed a culture of data analysis and use into disease programs
3. To share outcomes on institutionalization, including monitoring through self-assessment tools, such as the Maturity Index Model (MIM)
4. To strengthen leadership of South-to-South collaborations through the Deans / Heads of Schools or Faculties at the national institutions.
5. To chart the way for a sustainable partnership model
1. Documentation of the PERSUADE II outcomes
2. South-to-South collaboration vision
3. Vision for PERSuADE beyond 2023
• Global Fund (MECA, CTs/PHMEs)
• Global Partners (WHO, UNICEF, HISP)
• Ministry of Health leaders/ focal points (HIV, TB, Malaria, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Health Information Teams)
• PERSuADE MakSPH Secretariat and Steering Committee Chairman
• PERSuADE in-country team members
• PERSuADE Deans or Heads of School and Faculties